Gameday Activities: Texans vs. Redskins
The Houston Texans provide a complete gameday experience for fans who make the trip to NRG Stadium.
The Houston Texans strongly encourage all fans attending to be in their seats by at least 30 minutes prior to kickoff to participate in the pregame activities and be ready for kickoff.
Parking Lot/Stadium Gate Information
-All parking lots will open four (4) hours prior to kickoff as with all other Texans home games.
-All main stadium gates will open 90 minutes prior to kickoff.
National Anthem: Billboard Top Country Artist and Texas native Clay Walker
Texas Flag Holders: Firefighters from Station 18 and Officers from the Harris County Sheriff’s Office
Homefield Advantage Team Captains: Captain Brad Hawthorne and Engineer Operator Dwayne Wyble from the Houston Fire Department Station 18
Coin Toss Captain: BHP Billiton’s President of Petroleum Tim Cutt
Pregame Entertainment: TORO Giant Swing Stunt
Pregame Performance: Eli Young Band 'In the Hear of Texas' song and video
Halftime: Grammy nominated Smash Mouth and the Houston Texans Cheerleaders
Texans Ambassadors Appearances
The Houston Texans Ambassadors are a group of former Texans and NFL players who reside in the Houston area that represents the team at Texans games and in the community.
||HEB Tailgater of the Game
||Verizon East Club
||Charlie Frazier/Danny Clark
||Verizon West Club
||Charlie Frazier/Danny Clark
-- For gameday information, including stadium, seating and concession maps, download for FREE
the official Houston Texans Mobile app by texting TEXANS to 51288. Click HERE
-- Gameday Music
: E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
with your suggestions.
Start your NFL gameday experience at a free pregame tailgate party at Budweiser Plaza (MAP). The party includes live bands, Texans Countdown Live in Budweiser Plaza, interactive games and plenty of food, drinks and fun.
Budweiser Plaza opens two hours prior to kickoff. In addition, the Texans Cheerleaders, Bull Pen Pep Band and TORO will make an appearance before each game.
||Deep Steel Thunder Band/Cheerleader Performance
||Deep Steel Thunder Band
||Bull Pen Pep Band
||Pregame Pep Rally
Visit the BULLevard presented by Mustang Cat for pregame activities for the entire family. This fan-friendly area, located south of NRG Stadium between the Stadium and NRG Astrodome, includes interactive games, music and much more as you get ready for kickoff. The BULLevard opens two hours prior to kickoff.
The Churrascos Club, located in the Methodist Training Center, is the spot for an elite pregame party. You'll enjoy a specially prepared buffet menu catered by Churrascos, beverages provided by Miller and Coca-Cola and entertainment! For tickets and information, click here or call 866-GO-TEXANS.
Inside Bud Plaza: Churrasco
Drive Lane: Waffle Bus, It's a Wrap, Pho-Jita, Skratch, Taco Nuts
The Houston Texans not only allow tailgating, we encourage it! We want NRG Stadium to provide the finest tailgating experience in the NFL, so we have established a few guidelines to make your tailgating party great:In order to ensure the safety of our fans, no golf carts, Segways, scooters, skateboards or large balloons will be allowed in the parking lots. Please use caution in the lots at all times and please be respectful of others' property. And don't forget, H-E-B Tailgater of the Game judges will be roaming the parking lots looking for the next big winner! Please click here for more information on tailgating.
The H-E-B Tailgater of the Game competition will take place this Saturday in the NRG Stadium parking lots. Be sure to have your tailgate ready with H-E-B products, Texans decorations and plenty of Texans spirit. The top three tailgates of the day will be selected from 3:00-4:00 p.m., and the winner will be announced at 5:00 p.m. The winner will receive H-E-B gift cards, inclusion on the video board during the game and will be included on the H-E-B Tailgater of the Game radio segment on the Texans Radio Network.
• All Parking lots (except for platinum) will open four hours prior to kickoff.
• All parking at NRG Stadium will require a pre-purchased parking hangtag; you will not be able to buy any additional parking at the gate.
• Parking is first-come, first-served for the first hour; saving spots will not be allowed. If you would like to tailgate near friends, please arrive together.
• NRG Stadium entrance gates will open 90 minutes prior to kickoff.
• Tailgating will be limited to one 8’x 16’ space for each valid parking hangtag, and must not cross over into the drive lane designated by the blue lines down each aisle.
• RV’s, buses, and oversized vehicles will need to pre-purchase a minimum of two parking spots and need to park in the designated RV areas in each lot.
• If you plan to extend sides or set chairs outside of your RV or Bus you will need parking hangtags in addition to the ones for the space that will be used by you vehicle.
• Barbecues in tow will also be required to have an additional pre-purchased hangtag. You will not be allowed to buy one at the gate.
• No Music system speakers may exceed 18” tall and 12” wide
• Music speakers my not produce sound greater than 68 decibels in accordance to the City of Houston sound ordinance Sections 30.1-30.9
• No Pets of any kind are allowed at Houston Texans games except, certified service animals
• The Houston Texans do not allow the solicitation of cash for goods or services within the NRG Stadium parking lots; this includes but is not limited to tips, donations, or payment for food, beverage, merchandise, promotional products.
• NRG Stadium and the Houston Texans do not grant the right to display advertising, banners or signs, or distribute promotional items on property. Fans may be asked to remove inappropriate banners or signs
• Liquid charcoal starter or other flammable liquids are strictly prohibited. Charcoal may be started with an electrical starter designed for this purpose or quick starting charcoal is recommended. Open flames are allowed but all barbecue pits left unattended must be extinguished.
• Ash containers, trash containers and port-o-lets are located in each lot.
• Hot ashes, cinders, smothering coal, or other hot materials must be disposed of in the Orange dumpsters.
• Trash must be disposed of the in the Green dumpsters only.
• For safety purposes, all tents, chairs, etc. must be put away before entering NRG Stadium.
• In order to ensure the safety of our fans, no golf carts, Segway’s, motorized coolers, skateboards, bicycles, or large balloons will be allowed for use by fans in the parking lots.
• All cooking equipment shall be situated away from crowds, buildings, vehicles or combustible materials. A minimum clearance distance of 3 feet is required.
• A minimum class 2A-10B:C fire extinguisher with a current service tag is required at all times.
• LP-gas cylinders shall be secured in an upright position to keep from falling and positioned to prevent impact from vehicle traffic. Portable generators are not to be filled while. Portable generators and fuel must be stored away from cooking appliances.
• Guests are welcome to continue tailgating up to one hour after the end of the game. However, in some instances guests may be asked to clear the parking lots before that time.
• Any violation of the fire safety regulations will be subject to citations being issued by the City of Houston Fire Inspector.
• For any further information regarding these guidelines or any other questions on the day of the game please call 832-667-1400 or text “HOU” issue to 78247.